The Pilot Core Tool allows you to drive posts into difficult ground conditions.
It removes a core of earth out of the ground prior to driving in your stakes, using the Easy Petrol Post Driver. When the ground is hard, bone dry or rocky it enables the job to take place in any condition, and it speeds up the overall time of driving each post in.
Also recommended when the ground is made up of heavy clay, or chalk.
- Increase productivity driving 90mm-100mm diameter posts.
- Cutting Head heat treated; extremely hard & durable.
- Requires Easy Petrol Post Driver and 107ROUND adapter (sold separately)
- Can also be used with other Adapter sizes, please get in touch for more detail.
Instructions for Use
- Pilot Core Tool is supplied with Spacer Collar (PCTC), Bungees and T-Bar.
- Fit the 107ROUND adapter to the Easy Petrol Post Driver.
- Slide the Spacer Collar into the 107ROUND and fix in place with the Bungees.
- Drive the Pilot Core Tool in to the ground in the required location.
- Drive to a depth of 150mm (6”) less than the required post depth.
- Insert the T-Bar horizontally into the Pilot Core Tool. Use a stake as a lever, then Twist & Pull to remove the Core of Earth.
- The ground is now prepared to drive your stakes with the Easy Petrol Post Driver.
- If the ground is exceptionally dry, fill the hole with water & allow to soak for a few minutes. An increased moisture content in the soil will enable stakes to drive much faster.
- Don't forget to tip each core of earth out the top of the Pilot Core Tool every time a new core is made. The clever design of the Pilot Core Tool has a narrower cutting head than the tube, allowing the core of earth to tip out freely.
This blog post also gives some handy tips on how to drive posts in when you have hard ground; Click Here
The Easy Petrol Post Driver has a warranty limited to defects in workmanship or parts, from the date of supply (to the end user) when used in accordance with reasonable use and care. Please keep your proof of purchase to assist with any warranty claims.
The warranty period is:
- 3 (three) years on the Machine Body
- 1 (one) year on the Honda GX35T engine
Defects that occur within the stated warranty period other than those components excluded shall be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Easy Petrol Post Driver (the distributor) and Christie Engineering (the manufacturer). Any parts or goods repaired under this warranty is only warranted for the remainder of the warranty period commencing the original date of purchase. Warranties are non-transferable.
For instructions on how to claim for a warranty follow this link to our Warranties page.
Delivery charges vary depending on the items you purchase. Basket shipping costs are calculated at checkout, or an estimate can be calculated below. Once your product has shipped it usually takes 2 to 3 business days in the UK, 3 to 8 days in Europe.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.